Welcome to DWYB
What?: Drift What Ya Brung days at Santa Pod Raceway are days when you can come along and learn or practice drifting in safe and legal conditions on some of the Pods 30 acres of open tarmac. There are beginners, intermediate and advanced tracks open at the same time each DWYB day.
Coronavirus (COVID-19) Updates
At Santa Pod Raceway the safety and welfare of racegoers and participants is paramount. Please view the latest information regarding how the situation is affecting events at Santa Pod Raceway on the Coronavirus (COVID-19) page.
New Drift What Ya Brungs
This July, Santa Pod Raceway are ready to get Drifting again! We know you are as eager as us to get back out there, so don’t miss this great opportunity to get Drifting again this summer – spaces are limited!
From everyone at Santa Pod, we would like to say a huge thank you for all your support during these challenging times. We can’t wait to see you back at the track soon!
Wednesday 8th July 2020
Wednesday 22nd July 2020
Limited to 80 Vehicles
No Tickets/Sign On will be available on the day – Advance Booking ONLY.
Driver Ticket: £110* - Drifting Voucher and Adult Admission
Additional Crew Tickets: £10* per person - max 5 per Driver Ticket (including Kids – over 5s ONLY)
Crew Tickets must be purchased at the same time as Driver Tickets.
Gates Open: 9am
Tracks Open: 9:30am – 4pm (Lunchbreak 1-1:30pm)
Buy Your Tickets at www.santapodtickets.com
The safety and welfare of participants and our staff is our highest priority and we have been working hard to ensure our site is Covid secure. In preparation for our Drift What Ya Brung days, we are introducing new hygiene and safety measures around site in line with government guidance.
To allow for social distancing and to ensure everyone has plenty of track time safely, we are limiting the number of tickets available each day on a first-come, first served basis. Plus, a limit on non driver tickets up to 5 per driver, in line with the government’s rule on gatherings of no more than 6 people. We ask that everyone must socially distance themselves when working on and around vehicles.
New Covid-19 Signing On Procedure!
Please note there will be no signing on, on the day. The sign on procedure is now built into the online ticket purchasing process but you will still need to present your driving licence on the day.
Social Distancing, Hygiene and Safety Measures
Before You Arrive
- We politely request that you do not attend if you or your household start displaying any of the symptoms associated with Covid-19 prior to the event. The main symptoms are: a high temperature, a new continuous cough and/or a loss or change to your sense of smell or taste. www.nhs.uk/conditions/coronavirus-covid19/symptoms/
- Ensure you have your tickets ready either printed off or on your phone prior to leaving for the event.
- Please be ready to pay for items on site from our catering units and pod shop with contactless card payment rather than cash.
- We encourage everyone to bring their own first aid kits where possible for minor injuries.
- On arrival, our medical team will ask to take your temperature. Non-invasive, contactless temperature checks will be a condition of entry. You do not need to exit your car, this will be conducted through your car window on arrival. Anyone presenting a high temperature associated with a fever, will be asked to pull out of the queue and wait 5-10 mins before being re-checked. If on the second check the temperature recorded is still high, we will politely ask you to not attend and leave site immediately.
- Sign On will take place in the Pod Shop. A one in one out system will be in place during sign on and you will still need to present your driving licence.
- DWYB briefings will take place at 9:30am outside the pod shop and in groups of no more than 10 people at any one time. Please ensure you maintain social distancing at all times during these briefings.
- Please take any instruction from security and marshals.
- Hand sanitiser stations will be at key locations around site. We ask you uphold the highest possible hygiene standards with regular hand washing or use of hand sanitiser.
- Please adhere to the social distancing guidelines when moving around site and when queuing to sign on and for the Pod Shop, toilets and catering unit. Please pay attention to markers and signs which will be clearly visible at all key locations for your safety.
- Please stay within your household groups and follow the rules on social distancing when moving around site and when working on vehicles.
- Catering will be limited at these events; the Santa Pod Café will not be open. Therefore, we will be operating a single catering unit serving fast food, tea, coffee and soft drinks. The main Pod Shop will be open for souvenir items, soft drinks and confectionary. Contactless/Card payment please.
- Passenger rides will be allowed but only if the person travelling in the car with the driver can provide legitimate evidence that they are from the same household.
Failure to follow requests and instructions may result in removal from site.
Important Additional Information
*Booking fees apply. Prices are per person, per day.
- Additional Crew Tickets are strictly limited to 5 per Driver Ticket and must be bought in conjunction with each Driver Ticket. The entrant must purchase ALL of their required crew tickets at the time of entry. We will not be able to issue crew tickets in a separate transaction.
- Please note that children (5yrs and over ONLY) are to be included in the allotted number of tickets per driver. (Kids under 16 are no longer free.)
- No under 5s will be allowed on site.
- Please note, Drift What Ya Brung days are not included in our rain off policy and no refunds will be issued.
Half Price Second Driver: You can now get half price drifting for a second driver in the same car only. Pay on the day only.
Loyalty Cards: Buy 5 and get your 6th Free! To claim your free go, you need to call the office and book in advance to save your spot. Once you sign on we will need your completed loyalty card as payment. No card then no Drift or Full payment.
Who?: DWYB is for anyone from complete novices wanting tuition to expert drifters wanting quality seat time without authorities or kerbs to worry about. Drift cars are rear wheel drive and usually light to moderate weight. The most popular cars for drifting in the UK are Nissans (S13/S14/S15 and GTS Skylines), Toyotas (AE86), Mazdas (MX5 and RX-7), Fords (Old School Escorts and Sierras) and BMWs (3 Series) but many other cars can be and are used for drifting. All vehicles taking part should be silenced.
How Many?: DWYB days are limited to 80 people per day to ensure maximum track time and with several prepared areas and courses there is no shortage of drift time.
Tyres: This is Drift What Ya Brung so you will need your own car and tyres. There are full tyre changing facilities on site with a charge of £5 per rim. Tyre disposal is £2 per tyre or you must take your used tyres away with you.
Passenger Rides: If you don't have your own car or it's too precious then passenger rides are available, just ask a marshall.
Facilities: There are toilet facilities on site and the Cafe will be open from 9am to 4pm. If you run short on fuel, VP Racing Fuel is available from the Pod Shop along with helmets, DWYB Hoodies & stickers and Santa Pod merchandise.
Tuition: Tuition if required is from very experienced drifters and will start with basic donuts and figure of eights.
Driving license: A full driving license is required to participate in the DWYB events.
Noise Restriction: There is a 105db Noise restriction in place for drifting so please ensure you car has mufflers and bring bungs if it is very loud. If people get turned away due to being too loud they will be credited for another day.
Tracks: All the features mentioned above apply to everything that goes on at DWYB however we have several different track layouts for you to choose from depending on your level of ability.
There are 4 play pens for practicing donuts and figure eights, an intermediate kidney track, as well as an advanced track.
The DWYB advanced track is more suited to drivers with some experience looking to further improve skills. The larger course requires a higher level of driving skill and machine setup making it a perfect track to practice on for those who wish to turn a wheel between competitive events, try out new settings on their cars, or progress to the next level.
Helmets are recommended on the advanced track.
Drivers will have to prove they are competent at basic drifting on the intermediate track before they are allowed on the advanced track. Drivers wishing to practice twining at DWYB days will have to prove they are competent on the large track solo first.
DWYB Dates & Prices
View all upcoming DWYB Dates and full ticket information on the Dates & Prices page.
What is Drifting?: "Drifting refers to a driving technique and to a sport based on the technique. A car is said to be drifting when the rear slip angle is greater than the front slip angle, and the front wheels are pointing in the opposite direction to the turn (e.g. car is turning left, wheels are pointed right), and the driver is controlling these factors." wikipedia.org
If you're still not sure what drifting is take a look at the below video from a resident Santa Pod drifter.
Watch a series of drft tips videos on SantaPodTV.